Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Question # 2

Yes! Another day, another question . . . :)

Do you ever have trouble finishing your stories?

     Sometimes . . . the end is always very clear to me when I write my stories, even if the beginning isn't. (except for Appaloosy) So I usually get my stories finished. It's just after I get them finished when I realize, "oh, shoot there isn't enough meat to this story! This is supposed to be a novel and it's only 15,000 words long!" I really hate that feeling, because I find it pretty hard to go back and stuff more material in a story after I have finished writing it.
  But now before I sit down to write a story, I always ask myself if I am really into it. I mean, really, who wants to write a 20-80 thousand word novel on something you aren't super interested in? When I was little, before I published Appaloosy, I would have trouble finishing the stories all the time, and there are quite a few writing tablets I have that only have a few pages of a story written in them. About an hour's inspiration worth.
   Now that I am more serious about writing, I have the perseverance to just sit down and keep writing and writing, even if that nasty writer's block comes around to bother me. Sometimes certain stories take me longer than others, but I guess if you have a lot of practice like me, you have a better chance of always finishing up your important stories!

Thanks for the question!
Mattie

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... Thanks for the answer. I could sure use some help!

    ReplyDelete