Sunday, March 27, 2011

Question 5

How often do you get your books sold? How many have you sold this year? How many instruments do you play? Have you entered any competitions with them? How often do you perform (anywhere. Plays, music, etc)?

I sell books a lot, but most often in little "spurts" of like 1-10 so it's not a constant thing. I think if I adveraged it out it would be like one every other day or every day. The amount of books I sell vary proportionally with the events I go to, and whether or not I keep up with reordering. If I was really motivated I could sell more but I can't devote my whole life to it so I have to be content with what I have.

I have sold almost 400 books since publishing Appaloosy, I'm not sure on the amount this year.

I "play" two instuments: The fiddle and the electric guitar. I started on the piano but quit after a couple years or so. I had about a year of lessons with the fiddle, until we moved to North Dakota where there is no teachers for 65 miles! So I have been teaching myself, same with guitar.

I perform quite often. People know me as the only fiddle player in the area so I am hauling my fiddle around to nursing homes, birthday parties, events, and services all the time. I have peformed in Enderlin, Sheldon, Fort Ransom, Lisbon and the surrounding area and usually do so for free. Though one time I got paid $50!

I haven't entered any competitions because I know I am not good enough. Without a teacher I have lost the form and function I need to be a viable violin player with stanima. When there is ears unused to any fiddle playing at all, though, I am the star!

Thanks for the questions, I'll answer some more soon!
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment