Monday, February 28, 2011

First Question !

Dear Danielle,
What do you like best about being an author? What do you like least?

The thing I like best about being an author probably is just the writing. I love closing myself up in my room to think, discover, explore a world all my own. I would really love to never be interrupted. But you know, Life comes along sometimes too.

The thing I like least?
Talking to people. Marketing books and scheduling talks. Most of all, talking to people and schoolkids though. I get so nervous, my face gets a shade paler and my mouth feels like it's full of cotton. But I think I'll get used to it someday, even if I never learn to like it.


What sort of writing do you like writing the best? (fantasy, adventure, etc)

I like writing historical fiction the most. There's a whole world for me to explore out there, and ages and ages of time to set it in. I can add fictional elements, too. (like talking horses!)

and one more:

Are these the sort of questions you're asking for?

Well, sure! Although my new blog is called Ask Me Anything, which means you can Ask Me Anything!!

Thanks for giving me some questions to answer!!

Danielle (aka Mattie)

2 comments:

  1. I asked you a question in the last post, but I now have another. If you do have trouble finishing your stories, what do you do about it? I always think I have the perfect story idea, then I come up with something better. Also, what do you do when you read over what you've written and then find out that it's not that good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and sorry for asking so much, but what do you think about video games? Did you ever try to get your book really published? Do you enjoy reading your book? What do you do for fun? How long have you been writing these stories? How long did your first rough draft take for appaloosy? When did you first start writing it?
    Is that too many questions?

    ReplyDelete